Avoid Perth petrol price rise
The average cost of unleaded petrol is set to increase by around 13 cents per litre (cpl) to 136.2 cpl tomorrow, so FuelWatch is encouraging Perth drivers to fill up today to save money.
FuelWatch advises that on Tuesday 7 March 2017, most Caltex Woolworths, Caltex, Coles Express and BP sites are increasing their ULP price to 139.9 cpl (an increase of 21 cpl, 18 cpl, 16 cpl and 14 cpl, respectively). Most Puma sites are increasing their ULP price to 138.9 cpl.
Perth’s weekly petrol price cycle results in prices, on average, being cheapest on Sunday and Monday and at their most expensive on Tuesday and Wednesday – that’s why FuelWatch recommends filling up today.
If you need to fill up tomorrow, use FuelWatch as there are still 30 sites selling below 122 cpl. The difference between the highest and lowest priced sites is 27 cpl, which means you can save up to $16 on a 60 litre tank of fuel.
Monday’s cheapest ULP is available for:
- 118.6 cpl at Better Choice Stratton in the East;
- 115.9 cpl at Caltex StarShop South Lake in the South; and
- 115.6 cpl at Caltex Woolworths Alkimos and Caltex Woolworths Currambine Marketplace in the North.
Tuesday’s cheapest ULP will be available for:
- 119.0 cpl at Chidlow Growers Mart Liquor Store in the East;
- 115.7 cpl at 7-Eleven Butler in the South; and
- 119.5 cpl at Vibe Hamilton Hill, Vibe Yangebup and Vibe Spearwood in the North.
Drivers can head to the mobile compatible www.fuelwatch.wa.gov.au site to find the cheapest fuel in their area. Log on after 2.30pm each day to compare today’s and tomorrow’s prices. You can also sign up for free emails along with the 33,600 others who benefit from daily updates. Alternatively, phone 1300 30 40 54.
Media contact (Consumer Protection)
Share this page: