Avoid Perth petrol price rise
The average cost of unleaded petrol is set to increase by around 17 cents per litre (cpl) to 135 cpl tomorrow, so FuelWatch is encouraging Perth drivers to fill up today to save money.
FuelWatch advises that on Tuesday 28 March 2017, most Caltex and BP sites are increasing their ULP price to 137.9 cpl (an increase of 20 cpl and 18 cpl respectively). Most Puma sites are increasing their ULP price to 136.9, most United sites to 136.7 cpl and most 7-Eleven, Caltex Woolworths and Coles Express sites to 135.9 cpl.
Perth’s weekly petrol price cycle results in prices, on average, being cheapest on Sunday and Monday and at their most expensive on Tuesday and Wednesday – that’s why we recommend filling up today.
If you need to fill up tomorrow, use FuelWatch as there are still over 30 sites selling below 126 cpl. The difference between the highest and lowest priced sites is 25 cpl, which means you can save up to $15 on a 60 litre tank of fuel.
Monday’s cheapest ULP is available for:
- 112.5 cpl at Puma Bellevue in the East;
- 111.8 cpl at Caltex Woolworths Canning Vale, Caltex Woolworths Port Kennedy, Caltex Woolworths South Lake, Caltex Woolworths Southern River and Caltex Woolworths Warnbro Fair in the South; and
- 109.8 cpl at Caltex Woolworths Alkimos in the North.
Tuesday’s cheapest ULP will be available for:
- 114.0 cpl at Chidlow Growers Mart Liquor Store in the East;
- 115.9 cpl at Peak Kwinana in the South; and
- 119.5 cpl at United Neerabup (Food & Fuel) in the North.
Drivers can head to the mobile compatible www.fuelwatch.wa.gov.au site to find the cheapest fuel in their area. Log on after 2.30pm each day to compare today’s and tomorrow’s prices. You can also sign up for free emails along with the 30,000 others who benefit from daily updates. Alternatively, phone 1300 30 40 54.
END OF RELEASE
Media contact (Consumer Protection)
Share this page: