Avoid Perth petrol price rise
All announcements issued prior to 1 July 2017 were issued by the former Department of Commerce. Announcements listed here are the latest versions available. For more information on this announcement, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
The average cost of unleaded petrol is set to increase by around 19 cents per litre (cpl) to 137 cpl tomorrow, so FuelWatch is encouraging Perth drivers to fill up today to save money.
FuelWatch advises that on Tuesday 18 April 2017, most 7-Eleven, BP, Caltex, Caltex Woolworths and Puma sites are increasing their ULP price to 139.9 cpl (increasing between 23 and 26 cpl). Most United sites are increasing their ULP price to 138.7 cpl, and most Coles Express sites to 137.9 c.
Perth’s weekly petrol price cycle results in prices, on average, being cheapest on Sunday and Monday and at their most expensive on Tuesday and Wednesday – that’s why we recommend filling up today.
If you need to fill up tomorrow, use FuelWatch as there are still 30 sites selling below 128 cpl. The difference between the highest and lowest priced sites is 26 cpl, which means you can save up to $15 on a 60 litre tank of fuel.
Monday’s cheapest ULP is available for:
- 112.9 cpl at Caltex StarMart Mundaring in the East;
- 111.9 cpl at Caltex Woolworths Canning Vale and Caltex Woolworths South Lake in the South; and
- 111.9 cpl at Caltex StarMart Northlands (Balcatta), Caltex StarShop Balga, Caltex Woolworths Greenwood and Caltex Woolworths Mirrabooka in the North.
Tuesday’s cheapest ULP will be available for:
- 113.9 cpl at 7-Eleven Middle Swan in the East;
- 115.7 cpl at Vibe Byford and Vibe Armadale in the South; and
- 117.7 cpl at Vibe Nollamara and Vibe Charles St (North Perth) in the North.
Drivers can head to the mobile compatible www.fuelwatch.wa.gov.au site to find the cheapest fuel in their area. Log on after 2.30pm each day to compare today’s and tomorrow’s prices. You can also sign up for free emails along with the 28,000 others who benefit from daily updates. Alternatively, phone 1300 30 40 54.
END OF RELEASE
Media contact (Consumer Protection)
Share this page: