Christmas is just around the corner - know your obligations
It's that time of year where people are getting their last minute Christmas shopping done and most businesses are preparing to wind down for the holiday period. Though it is a time for employers and employees to switch off and take a break, it is important to understand your employment obligations over the festive holiday period.
This season's public holidays are:
- Christmas Day, Monday 25 December 2017
- Boxing Day, Tuesday 26 December 2017
- New Year's Day, Monday 1 January 2018
- An overview of the Christmas/ New Year public holiday payment arrangements
- Detailed information on public holiday arrangements for
- State system award free employees
- Shop and Warehouse Award
- Restaurant, Tearoom and Catering Workers Award
- Hairdressers Award
For more information about employment obligations and entitlements on the upcoming public holidays contact Wageline on 1300 655 266.
Share this page: