The Christmas/ New Year period is rapidly approaching and it is important to understand public holiday obligations for the festive season. This season's public holidays are:
- Christmas Day, Monday 25 December 2017
- Boxing Day, Tuesday 26 December 2017
- New Year's Day, Monday 1 January 2018
Employers and employees should be aware of their employment obligations on these public holidays.
The Christmas New Year 2017/18 public holiday arrangements page provides:
- An overview of the Christmas/ New Year public holiday arrangements
- Detailed information on public holiday arrangements for
- State system award free employees
- Shop and Warehouse Award
- Restaurant, Tearoom and Catering Workers Award
- Hairdressers Award
For more information about employment obligations and entitlements on the upcoming public holidays contact Wageline on 1300 655 266.