Associations information statement
Associations and clubs are required to submit an information statement to Consumer Protection every year. This statement confirms the association is still active, eligible to be incorporated and has held its Annual General Meeting.
Statement due dates
Information statements must be lodged within six (6) months after the end of an association’s financial year. Associations and clubs can choose their own financial year so the due date for submitting the statement may differ between groups. For example:
|Association’s financial year ends on:||Info statement due by:|
|30 April 2017||31 October 2017|
|30 June 2017||31 December 2017|
|30 September 2017||30 March 2018|
|31 December 2017||30 June 2018|
Information you will need
Make sure you have the following information ready when you complete your association’s statement:
- The association’s current address for service (this can be a street address or a PO Box);
- The date of the most recent annual general meeting; and
- The total revenue for the last financial year.
You will also be asked to confirm:
- whether the association has at least 6 voting members;
- the association’s main purpose (ie educational, sporting, recreation, religious); and
- whether the association is registered with the Australian Charities and Not-for-profit Commission.
Note: It is not necessary for an association to submit copies of meeting minutes, financial reports or registers of members or committees with the information statement.
Lodging the statement
The statement can be lodged using AssociationsOnline by either the primary or authorised user linked to the association’s account.
- Step 1: Log in with your user name and password. See the enrolment help guide for assistance.
- Step 2: You must be linked to your association to submit an application. See the managing my association's details for assistance.
- Step 3: Complete and submit the annual information statement:Click Lodge application and scroll down to your linked association:
- Click "Lodge application".
- Scroll down to your linked association.
- Select Information Statement from the application type drop down list and click "Go".
- Fill in the form and click next to move through the screens.
- When you finish click "Submit".
Watch our helpful video on how to lodge the information statement on AssociationsOnline.
If you need any help using the new system please refer to our Help Guide for step by step instructions.
Share this page: