Personal Property Securities Register for business
The Personal Property Securities Register (PPSR) is the single, national online database of security interests in personal property in Australia. Personal property generally includes all form of property other than land, buildings and fixtures.
Businesses can check the PPSR to see if the valuable second-hand goods they want to buy are debt-free and safe from repossession.
Businesses selling on terms, such as retention of title or consignment, or leasing, renting or hiring out valuable goods can register their security interest on the PPSR.
The PPSR is relevant to businesses that:
- buy or sell valuable second-hand goods, such as cars
- hire, rent or lease-out goods (for more than 12 months, ongoing renewal or indefinite)
- sell goods on retention of title terms
- sell on consignment
- want to raise finance using stock or other assets as collateral
- Quick motor vehicle search
- Basic business uses
- Selling goods on terms
- PPSR in a nutshell
- Protection for businesses that hire, lease or rent goods
More information about the benfits to business, how to use the register and case studies with practical examples of businesses using the register visit business resources section the PPSR website. You can request print copies of publications and other items by email.
Share this page: