Regional Telecommunications Project
The Regional Telecommunications Project is currently underway and will address mobile telephone and data coverage gaps in small communities and at strategic locations in regional Western Australia.
Improved telecommunications will:
- enhance safety and convenience for people living, learning, visiting and working in regional Western Australia
- increase access to mobile voice and high speed data services
- broaden commercial opportunities for local businesses
- support sustained regional development
- eliminate known mobile black spots
The proposed rollout schedule is listed below and will be updated as the project progresses.
Comprehensive list of telecommunications towers.
The list is available in pdf.
Want more information?
Contact us if you have any questions about the RTP
All construction is due to be completed by December 2019.
More information about this process and a map of Western Australian locations is available.
Narrowing the digital divide in regional WA has been made possible with support from the following organisations:
- WA Government Department of Commerce
- WA Government Department of Regional Development, through the Royalty for Regions program
- Commonwealth Department of Communications and the Arts
Share this page: