Application for a charitable collections licence
To be used to apply for a new charitable collections licence.
- Type directly into the form electronically before printing and signing it or hand print neatly using an ink pen in block letters.
- Tick where appropriate and attach additional pages if space in this form is insufficient.
- The Charitable Collections Advisory Committee assesses all applications for licences and makes recommendations as to whether an application should be granted or not.
- Incomplete applications will not be considered.
- Funds may not be solicited or collected for any charitable purpose until a licence is issued.
Covering Submission for New Applications
Please provide a covering letter explaining what the organisation does, who the beneficiaries will be and why a licence is required in Western Australia.
The Charitable Collections Advisory Committee is required under Section 11 of the Charitable Collections Act 1946 (the Act) to consider whether the charitable purposes of the applicant would be more effectively or economically carried out by an existing licence holder. Your covering letter should also address whether there are any other existing licence holders operating for the same charitable purpose and any contact you have made with them in that regard.
Whilst the Act allows for the granting of a licence to a person or unincorporated body, licences are generally only granted to incorporated bodies. These types of legal entities are recognised to provide appropriate governance and accountability structures and a capacity for succession within the organisation which enhances both the transparency in their operations as well as building community confidence in a licence holder who is collecting and using public monies for charitable purposes.
Please ensure you have included the following items with this application form
- A covering letter giving details of the organisation, why you require the WA charity licence and addressing whether any other current WA licence holders are providing the same charitable services.
- A Principal Executive Officer Declaration form for each of the officers named in this form.
- A National Police Certificate (no older than six months) for each Principal Executive Officer.
- A copy of the constitution/rules and/or Trust Deed of the organisation, unless the applicant is incorporated under the Associations Incorporation Act 2015 in Western Australia.
- A copy of the Certificate of Incorporation or Registration of the organisation, unless the applicant is incorporated under the Associations Incorporation Act 2015 in Western Australia.
- A copy of the latest financial statements of the organisation (if applicable).
Share this page: